Developing Development Program (DDP)
This year’s Developing Development Program (DDP) curriculum is designed to recognize the need for both immediate fundraising strategies and to rebuild fund development practices for long-term financial security.
Through customized approaches, participants will have the opportunity to apply fundraising best practices in a way that is relevant to the culture of their organizations, the communities they serve, and the unique opportunities and challenges of the current moment. With more discussions happening around what the “new normal” will be, the space we create in DDP will help you strengthen your organization in order to help shape what positive social impact will look like for years to come.
What You'll Get
Developing Development Program (DDP) is a complete training and coaching experience for up to four members of your staff and board.
- Custom coaching for your team focused on driving a fund development and relationship-building strategy
- 6 training sessions for up to four staff and board members — you can rotate participants throughout the program
- Detailed assessment of your fund development program
- Relationship-building tools and creative practices to apply towards your long-term fund development goals
- A supportive and collaborative cohort of nonprofit peers
What You'll Learn
DDP will prepare you with practical tools to build a dynamic development strategy and learn how to seize opportunities for your organization. You and your team will learn how to map the path forward amid an evolving nonprofit landscape. Topics for DDP 2024 include:
- Building a team-based approach to fund development
- Engaging your board leadership in fund development
- Writing your fund development plan
- Developing your case for support
- Making the ask including how to motivate contributors to make “stretch” gifts
Your organization will be matched with an executive-level consultant who will work with your entire DDP team of staff and board members for 8 months. As your coach, your consultant will provide a comprehensive Fund Development Assessment of your existing fund development program after completing a series of stakeholder interviews and analyzing your data, guide you through key development benchmarks for a diversified fundraising portfolio and, most importantly, support you in implementing a customized Fund Development Plan.
With the guidance of your consultant, you will complete various projects throughout the program, including preparing for and making “the ask” to key individual donors.
You will join a diverse cohort of fellow nonprofit leaders and board members to form a supportive and confidential forum in which to share knowledge and personal experiences and to explore new strategies for dealing with challenging situations.
Together, you will learn to communicate your nonprofit’s evolving priorities and positive social impact to your supporters.
Good stewardship depends on your entire team, not just one or two individuals. Participants will explore diverse fund development topics focused on individual giving and sustainability. DDP participants are encouraged to invite up to four staff and board members to each session.
We recommend that participants include the Executive Director, a development staff member, and at least one board member. You may rotate participants throughout the program.
How It Works
Early Birds (Nov. 3)
General Admission (Dec. 1)
- Up to four staff and board members can attend each session of the 8-month program
- Fees will be due after acceptance into the program
- The full program value of $7,500 has been partially underwritten by our generous sponsors
Program Starts March 2024
Apply through our online form below and contact Meghan Maloney, Director of Volunteers and Cohort Programs, at [email protected], (213) 613-9103 x 119 with any questions.
Upon receipt of application, you will be contacted to schedule a video interview via Zoom.
We have limited partial sponsorships available to organizations that qualify based on mission and area of focus. Any sponsorships that you are eligible for will be awarded upon acceptance into DDP. Please inquire further when you apply.
Want to Know More?
While the majority of sessions will be held on Zoom, please note that some DDP sessions will now be held in-person at The California Endowment building in Downtown Los Angeles. Public health guidelines will be adhered to throughout the program and adjustments will be made accordingly. These sessions will start from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. P.S.T. You may bring all four members to each session.
Organization-Coach matching and program pre-work will begin in March 2024.
- Wednesday, March 20, 2024 (In-Person)
- Wednesday, April 17, 2024 (Zoom)
- Wednesday, May 15, 2024 (Zoom)
- Wednesday, June 26, 2024 (Zoom)
- Wednesday, July 24, 2024 (Zoom)
- Wednesday, October 2, 2024 (In-Person)
What Our Partners Are Saying