For more than 15 years, EDLI has offered dedicated one-on-one coaching, peer learning and comprehensive training, which helps nonprofit leaders turn their visions into reality. It is the only program designed exclusively for nonprofit Executive Directors that combines long-term coaching and training.
Join EDLI this year to discover your own community to lean on and trust for good peer support. Through the year-long program, you’ll gain new opportunities to build relationships with other nonprofit leaders, as well as learn about the resources available to help you think more strategically and develop solutions to the extraordinary challenges you may face. With in-depth training and personalized coaching, the dynamic EDLI program responds to the emerging needs of nonprofit leaders of today.
- One-on-one coaching with a highly-trained, executive-level consultant who will serve as your leadership coach for 10 months
- Interactive peer learning and networking opportunities with a cohort of fellow Executive Directors
- 10 training sessions (each 2-4 hours) over a one-year period that will consist of expert instruction and comprehensive training topics to help you lead your nonprofit.
EDLI will give you practical tools and strategies to build critical leadership skills and transform the effectiveness and impact of your organization.
Topics for EDLI 2022 include:
- Shaping and sustaining your organization’s culture
- Managing your board strategically
- Shifting the politics of your nonprofit
- Leading fiscal accountability and responsibility
- Building a stronger development team comprised of both your board and staff
- Deepening your organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Developing your staff
- Planning for organizational succession and leadership continuity
- Leveraging your emotional intelligence to lead strategically
- Implementing Executive Director performance evaluation
- Additional discussion topics may be customized based on the input of the cohort and based on its evolving needs over the course of the year.
EDLI opened my eyes to the challenges, rewards, and opportunities of being an Executive Director. I learned a lot from what the other Executive Directors in the program shared; they always had ideas, practical tips, challenges, and scenarios to discuss. EDLI empowered me to put my best leadership foot forward and put my values, principles, and vision for the organization into action!
- You will be matched with one of our consultants who will serve as your leadership coach for 10 months. As your thought partner and coach, your consultant will listen to your specific organizational needs, help you identify opportunities and solutions, and support you as you complete the program. Past participants who have taken advantage of more than 40 hours (approximately 2 sessions per month) of coaching throughout the year often report the biggest transformation in their leadership approach.
- You will join a cohort of fellow nonprofit leaders to build a supportive and confidential forum in which to share knowledge and personal experience, develop peer coaching skills and explore new strategies for dealing with challenging situations. Together, you will learn how to leverage your emotional intelligence to lead your organization and staff to better fulfill your mission.
- You will explore comprehensive leadership topics and strengthen your nonprofit management skills through a series of workshops that will cover the topics listed above. Through presentations, facilitated discussions, and interactive exercises with real world applications, instructors with subject matter expertise and nonprofit experience will help create a dynamic learning environment for you and your cohort. These lectures will be led by a group of instructors from diverse backgrounds and expert knowledge about nonprofit management.
“Being part of EDLI, has strengthened me so much, it has given me confidence, it has given me support, and it has given me a lot of practical tools to do my job.”
Executive Director, The Outwords Archive EDLI 2020
Special rate thanks to our generous program sponsors.
Fees will be due after acceptance into the program.
- Early bird fee $1,800/participant
- General deadline fee $1,950/participant
The full program value of $5,750 has been partially underwritten by our generous sponsors.
Apply now through our online form below or contact staff with any questions:
- Meghan Maloney, Volunteer and Programs Manager, at [email protected] or (213) 613-9103 x119
Program Starts February 2022
If you are interested in applying, please contact Meghan Maloney.
Upon receipt of application, you will be contacted to schedule a virtual interview.
EDLI will begin as a virtual program. If public health guidelines permit in-person gatherings in 2022, we may shift to an in-person format or a hybrid of both in-person and virtual. Virtual sessions will be about 4 hours in duration and will take place between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Zoom. Any in-person sessions that may occur will be held at The California Endowment building in downtown LA.
- Wednesday, February 9, 2022
- Wednesday, March 16, 2022
- Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Wednesday, June 15, 2022
- Wednesday, July 13, 2022
- Wednesday, August 17, 2022
- Wednesday September 14, 2022
- Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022
Recent EDLI Cohorts
- Bread Head
- Daniel Pitino Shelter
- The Place4Grace
- Camp del Corazon
- Friends of Warm Hearth, Inc.
- USO (United Services Organization)
- The Cornucopia Institute
- DIY Girls
- Adventure Risk Challenge
- Las Fotos Project
- California Farmworker Foundation
- New Mexico Asian Family Center
- Decro Corporation
- JQ International
- Southern California Leadership Network
- California Stormwater Quality Association
- Arts for Healing and Justice Network
- East Los Angeles Community Youth Center
- Present Now
- Anti-Recividism Coalition
- Beit T-Shuvah
- College Match
- Friends of the Observatory
- Fuente Latina
- Glendale Arts
- Healing California
- Innovative Housing Opportunities
- Institute for Public Strategies
- LEAP (Leadership Education for Asian Pacifics)
- Karsh Family Social Service Center Inc.
- The Outwords Archive, Inc.
- Southside Coalition of Community Health Centers
- Toberman Neighborhood Center
- Urban Voices Project
- Arlington Garden in Pasadena
- Art Share Los Angeles
- Connections for Children
- Coro Southern California
- Extraordinary Families
- InsideOUT Writers
- Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- South Central LAMP
- Union Station Homeless Services
- Urban Community Outreach
- West Hollywood Community Housing Corp
- Youth Business Alliance
- YWCA San Gabriel Valley