2018 Wells Fargo Executive Directors Leadership Institute
The Wells Fargo Executive Directors Leadership Institute (EDLI) is a 12-month leadership coaching program designed to help both new and experienced Executive Directors transform their leadership, strengthen their network and guide their organizations toward long-term sustainability.
This program provides dedicated one-on-one coaching, peer learning and comprehensive training, which helps nonprofit leaders turn their visions into reality. It is the only program designed exclusively for nonprofit Executive Directors in our region.
Applications are closed. Check back in August 2018 to apply to the 2019 cohort!
What You’ll Get
- >> One-on-one coaching with a highly-trained, executive-level consultant who will serve as your thought partner and coach throughout the program
- >> Interactive peer learning and networking opportunities with a cohort of fellow Executive Directors
- >> 7 full-day training sessions over a one-year period
- >> Expert instruction and comprehensive training topics to help you shape the culture of your organization and strengthen your leadership
What You’ll Learn
EDLI will give you the practical tools and strategies to build critical leadership skills and transform the effectiveness and impact of your organization. Topics for EDLI 2018 include:
- >> Creating your organization's culture and managing politics
- >> Leading fiscal accountability and responsibility
- >> Managing your board strategically
- >> Implementing Executive Director performance evaluation
- >> Building and sustaining a healthy fund development culture
- >> Planning for succession
- >> Developing your staff
What sets EDLI apart?
- >> Coaching You will be matched one-on-one with a executive-level consultant. As your thought partner and coach, your consultant will listen to your specific organizational needs, help you identify opportunities and solutions, and support you as you complete and present a personalized strategic project. You and your coach will design a customized coaching plan to support your leadership goals. Past participants who have taken advantage of more than 40 hours of coaching throughout the year often report the biggest transformation in their leadership approach.
- >> Peer Learning You will join a diverse cohort of fellow nonprofit leaders to build a supportive and confidential forum in which to share knowledge and personal experience, develop peer coaching skills and explore new strategies for dealing with challenging situations. Together, you will learn how to leverage your emotional intelligence to lead your organization and staff to better fulfill your mission.
- >> Class Training You will explore comprehensive leadership topics and strengthen your management skills through a series of guided lectures and interactive exercises with real world applications. These lectures will be taught by nonprofit management expert Janet Schulman. Additional guest instructors will provide further depth on topics including nonprofit financial management.
Meet Your EDLI Lead Instructor
Nonprofit management expert Janet Schulman will lead you through the curriculum. Janet is a recognized leader in the nonprofit sector with more than 30 years of experience in executive positions. She served as the Founding Executive Director of Big Sisters of Los Angeles and as the CEO of Special Olympics Southern California. She holds a MSW from Boston University and a MPA from University of California, Los Angeles.
What Do EDLI Participants Say?
Want to hear firsthand about EDLI's impact? Check out what our latest graduates had to say!
"My growth as a leader through EDLI has built the capacity and resilience of my organization. We have more clarity about our culture and operations, and now we are stronger than ever."
- Clare Fox, Executive Director, Los Angeles Food Policy Council,
"EDLI gave me the confidence not only to tackle situations I was in fear of as a leader, but also to take action to deepen the impact of our mission."
- Christopher Racster, Executive Director, Outfest, EDLI 2016
Questions? Want to Know More?
Want more EDLI Testimonials?
Hear firsthand from current EDLI participant Maegan Ortiz, Executive Director of Instituto de Educación Popular del Sur de California (IDEPSCA)!
“EDLI has given me a lot of confidence in terms of knowing that I am doing the right things for my organization.”
-Maegan Ortiz, Executive Director, Instituto de Educación Popular del Sur de California (IDEPSCA), EDLI 2017