Developing Development Program (DDP) is a complete training and coaching experience for up to six members of your staff and board.
DDP is a 12-month fund development program designed to help organizations build the tools and strategies they need to raise more money and deepen their impact in the community. It is the only program in our region that brings together both staff and board members to create and implement a robust fund development plan.
What You’ll Get
- >> Custom coaching for your team focused on fund development strategy
- >> 6 half-day training sessions for up to six staff and board members
- >> 3 training clinics for staff development program
- >> Detailed assessment of your fund development program
- >> Team building tools and strategies to apply towards your long-term fund development goals
- >> A supportive cohort of nonprofit peers
What You’ll Learn
DDP will give you the practical tools to build a robust development program, leading you and your team towards greater success and sustainability. Topics for DDP 2017-2018 include:
- >> Building a team-based approach to fund development
- >> Engaging your board leadership in fund development
- >> Writing our Fund Development Plan
- >> Making the Ask
- >> Developing Your Case for Support
What sets DDP apart?
- >> Coaching Your organization will be matched with a highly trained executive-level coach. As your thought partner, your coach will provide a comprehensive Fund Development Assessment of your existing fund development program, guide you through key development benchmarks and, most importantly, support you in implementing a fund development plan aligned with your specific organizational needs. With the support and guidance of your coach, you will complete various projects during the program including preparing for and making an in-person ask.
- >> Class Training Sustainable development depends on your entire team, not just one or two individuals. DDP participants are encouraged to bring up to six staff and board members to each session. Your team will explore diverse fund development topics focused on individual giving and sustainability.
- >> Peer Learning You will join a dynamic cohort of fellow nonprofit leaders and board members to form a supportive and confidential forum in which to share knowledge and personal experience, as well as explore new strategies for dealing with challenging situations in fund development. Together, you will learn to communicate your impact to your community of supporters.
Meet Your DDP Lead Instructor
Your guide on the journey to fund development success is Janet McIntyre. Janet is a certified coach with more than twenty years of experience in nonprofit leadership roles, including Executive Director of Hollywood Arts Council and Director of Development for Classical KUSC Public Radio. She holds an Executive Masters of Leadership with an emphasis in nonprofit management from USC’s Price School of Public Policy. To view Janet's bio, click here.
All sessions will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at The California Endowment building,
1000 N. Alameda St., Los Angeles, CA 90012.
- >> Monday, Sep. 25, 2017
- >> Tuesday, Oct. 24, 2017
- >> Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018
- >> Wednesday, Mar. 14, 2018
- >> Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- >> Thursday, Sep. 13, 2018
Program Fees and Deadlines
Applications are currently closed. Please check back in spring 2018 for updated information.
What Do DDP Participants Say?
Want to hear firsthand about DDP's impact? Check out what our latest graduates had to say!
"DDP was a wonderful learning opportunity. Approaching development in a more organized manner was our biggest win as it is having a long-term impact on all our development efforts!"
- Executive Director, Asian Youth Center, DDP 2015-2016
"DDP empowered the League to make organizational improvements on strengthening our donor stewardship, case for support and development culture."
- Executive Director, League of Women Voters of Los Angeles, DDP 2015-2016
Questions? Want to Know More?
For more information, please contact Janet McIntyre, DDP Lead Instructor and Vice President of Programs and Training at email@example.com or 213.613-9103 x20. You may also download the 2017-2018 DDP Brochure.
Want more DDP Testimonials?
Click here to learn about Green Dot Public Schools, DDP 2014-2015
"We are a large, well-established, and highly effective national organization that had a small development staff and a nascent individual giving program. We relied heavily on grant funding from large foundations and government. We’ve used our DDP journey to ignite an org-wide development culture and think strategically about increasing advocacy and support across multiple channels – existing and new. We continue to innovate in the work of closing the opportunity gap for our students, and now do so with a rapidly growing base of supporters. Thank you DDP!"
- Douglas Weston, Director of Development