Developing Development Program (DDP) is a complete, 12-month training and coaching experience for up to six members of your staff and board.
DDP is the only fund development training program in our region that brings together staff AND board members, provides personalized coaching support for implementation, and works with participants for a full year to help them create lasting change. You'll be introduced to proven techniques that will help you raise more money and build a robust, sustainable fund development program for your organization.
Applications are now closed for the 2016-2017 Cohort.
Please check back in Spring 2017 for updates.
What You’ll Get
- >> 6 half-day training sessions for up to 6 staff and board members, per organization
- >> Coaching for your team throughout the entire duration of the program
- >> Detailed assessment of your fund development program
- >> Additional clinics for staff peer engagement and focused problem-solving
- >> A supportive cohort of nonprofit peers
What You’ll Learn
DDP will give you the practical tools to create a culture of philanthropy within your organization, leading you and your team towards greater success and sustainability. Topics for DDP 2016-2017 include:
- >> Creating a Culture of Fund Development
- >> Building a Fund Development Board
- >> Writing our Fund Development Plan
- >> Making the Ask
- >> Developing Your Case for Support
What sets DDP apart?
- >> Comprehensive Training for Your Whole Team. Sustainable fund development depends on your entire team, not just one or two individuals. DDP brings your staff and board leadership together to build an effective fund development culture across your organization. Participants are encouraged to bring up to six members of their staff and board.
- >> Dedicated Coaching and Customized Support. You will be matched with highly trained coaches to work with your team throughout the program. They will provide you with a detailed Fund Development Assessment, guide you through key fund development benchmarks and, most importantly, support you in implementing your fund development plan in the way that bset suits your organization.
- >> Peer Learning. You will join a dynamic cohort of fellow nonprofit professionals and board members to form a supportive and confidential forum in which to share knowledge, troubleshoot challenges and celebrate successes.
Meet Your DDP Lead Instructor
Your guide on the journey to fund development success is Janet McIntyre. Janet is a certified coach with twenty years of experience in nonprofit leadership roles, including as Director of Development for Classical KUSC Public Radio. She holds an Executive Masters of Leadership with an emphasis in nonprofit management from USC’s Price School of Public Policy. To view Janet's bio, click here.
What Do DDP Participants Say?
Want to hear firsthand about DDP's impact? Check out what our latest graduates had to say!
"We used the tools we learned at DDP to create a fund development plan that aligned with our strategic plan. We grew and trained our volunteer corps and improved our messaging at performances. As a result, we raised more funds than ever before from our audience giving campaign – a 14% increase with the average donation going up 42%."
- Director of Development, Grand Performances, DDP 2014-2015
“We are a large, well-established, and highly effective national organization that had a small development staff and a nascent individual giving program. We relied heavily on grant funding from large foundations and government. We’ve used our DDP journey to ignite an org-wide development culture and think strategically about increasing advocacy and support across multiple channels – existing and new. We continue to innovate in the work of closing the opportunity gap for our students, and now do so with a rapidly growing base of supporters. Thank you DDP!”
- Director of Development, Green Dot Public Schools, DDP 2014-2015
Questions? Want to Know More?
For more information, please contact Janet McIntyre, DDP Lead Instructor and Vice President of Programs and Training at email@example.com or 213.613-9103 x20. You may also download the latest DDP brochure here.
Want more DDP Testimonials?
Skid Row Housing Trust, DDP 2011-2012
"DDP provided us with an opportunity to understand the proven best practices in fund development; it made us think hard about what we wanted to do, why we wanted to do it, what we expected our outcomes to be, and how to get there."
- Mike Alvidrez, Executive Director
Toberman Neighborhood Center, DDP 2009-2010
"ESC consultants have been acutely in touch with the needs of our organization and we greatly appreciate how they have taken a demonstrated, successful program for development and tailored it to Toberman’s special needs — as a result, we have tremendously improved our organization."
- Gloria Ewing Lockheart, President & CEO