See below for exciting opportunities to join Executive Service Corps Southern California
Title: Organizational Consulting Project Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Organizational Consulting
Join our team at Executive Service Corps of Southern California (ESC). We provide high-quality leadership and organizational consulting and training services to over 100 nonprofit clients annually. The right person will be experienced, highly organized and passionate about helping transform our community with the power of coaching, consulting and capacity building through our unique, volunteer-based service model.
This full-time position is responsible for the start-to-finish management of consulting engagements implemented by our 100 executive-level volunteer consultants by:
• Cultivating and nurturing client and consulting relationships
• Managing and evaluating engagements to ensure excellent outcomes
• Developing and expanding our client base
A Unique Opportunity
The Organizational Consulting Project Manager will benefit from working in a collaborative, energetic and supportive environment with an organization dedicated to ambitious goals, high standards and professional growth. No two days will be the same, making for an engaging position filled with variety. S/he will gain exposure to inspiring nonprofits, sophisticated and passionate volunteer consultants, challenging and fulfilling work, and excellent training. Working at ESC offers the unique opportunity to make a difference by supporting important causes that impact Southern California and improve the lives of thousands of individuals and families.
In this important position, the Organizational Consulting Project Manager is an integral member of ESC’s team and facilitates the service delivery of leadership coaching, strategic planning, board development, fund development and other client needs. S/he is responsible for helping design consulting projects based on client need and ESC resources, pairing ESC clients and consultants, and monitoring the success of each engagement in close partnership with the Vice President of Organizational Consulting.
Client Project Management
• Helps propose, scope, contract, organize, launch and evaluate engagements
• Proactively develops new and repeat business from our extensive community of satisfied nonprofit clients
• Assesses and determines appropriate service(s) to meet client needs
• Assists with the management, execution and monitoring of consulting engagements to ensure consistent, excellent service
• Supports the design, crafting and execution of new service offerings in alignment with ESC’s strategic plan
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of consultation progress
• Effectively addresses complex client and consultant needs
• Seeks and implements process improvements
• Ensures clients, consultants and ESC team are informed and up-to-date
• Supervises interns and other staff as needed
Quality Assurance and Evaluation
• Drives ongoing evaluation initiative to track client and consultant feedback
• Provides consultants with timely feedback – acknowledging strengths and achievements, and providing constructive coaching regarding gaps in performance or results
• Develops evaluation reports and analyses for different audiences
ESC Team Collaboration
• Works with team on consultant recruitment to diversify consulting corps
• Partners with ESC’s Programs and Training team for seamless consultant and client support
• Assists with consultant appreciation and informational events
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Traits
• Strong background in the oversight and coordination of consulting or related professional roles
• Superb relationship builder; establishes credibility and trust quickly
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation communication skills
• Team player willing to adjust, fill in for others, and be flexible to help the entire ESC team succeed
• Familiarity with and involvement in the nonprofit sector preferred
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Background or interest in sales or fund development; customer service orientation
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
• History of successful accomplishments
• Strategic and innovative
• Strong judgment and problem-solving skills
• Culturally competent; values and has experience with diverse constituencies
• Highly organized with superior attention to detail
• Proficient in MS Office Suite Products and database use
Master’s degree with a focus relevant to consulting, nonprofit management or coaching preferred; supervisory or volunteer management experience a plus.
Salary: Based on experience. Generous benefit package including health, dental, life, 403b program, paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
Full-Time Position. FLSA Status: Exempt. Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Please forward resume, cover letter and salary history to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.